We are pleased to announce that the following athletes have been selected for the 2024 Women’s Artistic Gymnastics National Squad:
- Reece Cobb – Impact Gymsport Academy
- Isabella Brett – Christchurch School of Gymnastics
- Ava Fitzgerald – Tri Star Gymnastics
- Maddy Marshall – NHG Gymnastics
- Ava Baddeley – Capital Gymnastics
- Kiera Rolston-Larking – Capital Gymnastics
- Molly Ballard – Dunedin Gymnastics Academy
- Grace Wellington – Tri Star Gymnastics
- Jun MacDonald – Te Wero Gymnastics
- Alisa Wada – Te Wero Gymnastics
- Georgia-Rose Brown – Tri Star Gymnastics
Congratulations to all and we wish you all the best next year.
Does this mean athletes automatically make a NZ tour team?
No. Being part of the squad means that you are a targeted athlete, but depending on the competition, there will be other criteria to be met before a team is announced.
What does being part of the Squad mean?
As part of the national squad, you will be invited to attend training sessions/camps with other squad athletes and coaches, as well as lectures and other learning opportunities for both athletes and their coaches.
How is the squad put together?
The national squads are for athletes competing in senior international. Athletes are selected into squad using performance criteria achieved at key events. Athletes can also be selected into the squad during the term if they achieve the performance criteria at identified key events.
Please see the full selection policy for more details.