Our technical committees play an important role in supporting the growth and development of our codes and programmes, and they provide technical advice, guidance, direction, leadership, and action in collaboration with Gymnastics NZ, for the benefit of the community.
As per the Technical Committee Regulations (5.10) three positions are up for re-appointment. These are Coaching Advisor and Competition Advisor (for all codes), and Athlete Advisor. As the Athlete Advisor role is new and is still being embedded it has been agreed that individuals in these roles may stay on for another year if they wish. There are vacancies for the athlete advisor role in WAG and TRA.
Expression of Interest (EOI) Process
Please see the information below and read the terms of reference and job descriptions, to ensure you have a good grasp of what will be required of the roles. You should also consider the personal and professional skillset required to make a strong and positive contribution to the committees’ work.
Applications should be made in writing to the CEO and include a CV and cover letter outlining what value the candidate can bring to the relevant technical committee. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of the documentation prior to an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 30 September. Decisions will be made by the Technical Appointments Panel by 15 October.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
The purpose of the Technical Committee is to provide advice, guidance, direction, leadership, and
action with Gymnastics New Zealand (Gymnastics NZ), to the benefit of the community, on identified
areas of technical expertise. In doing this, the Technical Committee will ensure alignment with the
Gymnastics NZ Strategic Plan, Sport NZ partnerships and Investment initiatives and Technical
Committee outcomes as indicated by the following areas of scope:
• Contribute to the development of participation strategies that grow the number of coaches, judges,
• Ensure these participation opportunities emphasise the importance of providing quality driven
• These experiences should emphasise the health, wellbeing, and welfare of all participants in
gymnastics including athletes, coaches, administrators, and volunteers.
• In developing technical and athlete talent, provide a framework upon which national and
international performances can thrive.
• In coordination with GNZ collaborate where required with relevant key stakeholders such as FIG,
NZOC, HPSNZ and advisory groups.
• Maintain Technical Committee operational excellence through compliance, benchmarking and
implementing industry best-practice.
• Contribute to the success of strategies that enhance training, development, qualification, retention
and mentoring opportunities for coaches, judges, and athletes in technical pathways.
• Uphold the principles of behaviour and conduct policies.
• In partnership with Gymnastics NZ, engage our community and clubs so they become champions of
- Terms of Reference & Job Descriptions (For a full job description, please email email@example.com)
Positions on the Technical Committees
- Nyssa Willcocks – WAG TC Chair
- Michelle Woolf – WAG Judging Advisor
- Ange Meier – WAG Coaching Advisor
- Hayley Glasglow – WAG Performance Advisor
- Leanne Olsen – WAG Athlete Advisor – BIO
- N/A – currently vacant – WAG Competition Advisor
- Gareth Brettell – MAG TC Chair
- Cameron Beeton – MAG Judging Advisor
- Stuart Albrey – MAG Competition Advisor
- Toby Levine – MAG Coaching Advisor
- Mark Jujnovich – MAG Performance Advisor
- Ryan Moffitt – MAG Athlete Advisor – BIO
- Keita McComb – RG TC Chair
- Tracey Redhead – RG Judging Advisor
- Alesha Berry – RG Competition Advisor
- Erica Thorby – RG Coaching Advisor
- Marnie Sterner – RG Performance Advisor
- Beth Strickland – RG Athlete Advisor – BIO
- Tracey Maclennan – AER TC Chair
- Kayleigh Rees -AER Judging Advisor
- Kayleigh Rees – AER Competition Advisor
- Laura Furse – AER Performance Advisor
- Jennifer Groom – AER Athlete Advisor – BIO
- N/A – currently vacant – AER Coaching Advisor
- Maree Calder – TRA Chair
- Sandra Marcijasz – TRA Competitions Advisor
- Maree Calder – TRA Performance Advisor
- Alexa Kennedy – TRA Athlete Advisor – BIO
- Will Rotte – TRA Coaching Advisor
- Jess Thompson – TRA Judging Advisor