In light of recent seismic activities, this is a great opportunity to check how prepared your club is in the event of another earthquake.
- If in doubt – get your building checked by an engineer and ask for a written report.
- Be aware of fragile emotions – members and coaches may be affected by earthquakes differently so make sure you are “checking” in with all staff.
- Have an emergency kit at your club – are you prepared if you have a gym full of children if another earthquake were to strike? Do you need snacks or food, blankets or water? Remember toilets can stop working too.
- Do you have a policy for staff? Who they can contact, what is the policy around getting back into your club?
- Save your membership data off site – remember GymSports New Zealand affiliated clubs are required to submit this information quarterly. We will have the data you have submitted, but current term data should be saved off-site (including your coaches and committee members – list the membership type as “none” and they will not be charged affiliation fees, but you will have the data).
- Text is the easiest way to check in with people – set up a group of key club contacts on your phone.
For more information and tips check out the following websites:
0800 Government Help Line
If you’re looking for any support either financial or emotional, Work and Income have set up a helpline – you can call 0800 779 997 from 7am – 9pm, seven days a week if you are struggling to support yourself or your family.