It was a busy year in 2016 for XTND with numbers of young coaches in the programme reaching 250 across the country. We welcomed two new clusters in 2016 – Central Otago and Dunedin and in 2017 we add XTND clusters from the Hawkes Bay and Invercargill. As XTND continues to grow we endeavor to improve our systems to make the administration process as easy as possible. The following changes are being implemented for 2017:
- Programme Registration – Clubs will no longer be required to pre-register coaches onto the programme. Registration into the first module (Group Management) will automatically register the participant for the full programme. However, clubs will still need to inform their Relationship Manager each year of who is returning to the programme – year 1 and year 2.
- XTND Module Fees – The yearly administration fee of $25 (+GST) per person per year will no longer be charged as a separate fee at the beginning of each year. This cost will now be spread out over each module, along with a slight increase in module fee for 2017. Each module will now be charged at $50 (+GST) per person for modules from 25 February 2017.
Module Calendar and Registration – Education Calendars and module registration forms are now available on the website. The XTND calendar will be regularly updated as module dates and logistics are confirmed.
If you have any queries please contact your Relationship Manager.
2017 Year 1 intake
- 8 March – registrations close for the 19 March Group Management module. Registrations must be made via the website.
2016 Year 1 intake – these Students are moving to Year 2 but need to complete the last
Year 1 module.
- 15 March – registrations close for the 26 March Movement Observation module. Registrations must be made via the website.
2016 Year 2 students
- 18 February Display Module. If they have kept up to date with their modules, then this
should be the last module for Year 2.
2017 Year 3 students
If you have students interested in Year 3 please contact Megan directly.
Hawkes Bay / Poverty Bay – If you are interested in this wonderful programme coming to you region, please contact Megan directly. Your first Year 1 module is Group Management on 5 March.
Display in Wellington – Year 2 Students
Over the weekend a number of year 2 students completed the Display module. Display covers the basics of TeamGym floor routines, how to create displays for end of year displays and being creative. Make sure you talk to your XTND students next time you need a club display for some tips or maybe even invite them to create one for a class.
First Aid Certificates
If students have opted to gain a First Aid Certificate over completing the Display module please make sure you send a copy to directly to Megan.
Registering for courses online.
Not yet used the website to register students onto a course? Here’s how…
- Go to the Education calendar
- Type in the name of the module in the calendar search and / or use arrows to click through to relevant month
- Click into the course to find more details and the registration form – you will need to complete a form for each student
If you have a student who has pulled out of XTND, please let Lisa know as soon as possible, so that she is not chasing them for catch up sessions.
Communication with Students
All registration reminders will be sent to the club to then distribute to students. If a student needs a catch-up session, your RM will send direct to the students contact email and cc in the club.
There are a number of mentoring sheets overdue both from Years 1 and 2 students – currently we have received sheets from Hutt Valley, Capital and Kapiti (thank you Mentors). These should be sent to email@example.com .
All Year 2 students looking at doing the Elementary Coach Course in 2017, must ensure that the following has been done:
- All 8 XTND modules are completed
- Coaching hours have been signed off
- Year 1 and 2 mentoring sheets have been submitted.
If you are not sure please contact Lisa directly and she can share your student records with you.