Promoting Gender Equality in sport is becoming increasingly important around the world and is one of the main goals of the IOC’s Olympic Agenda 2020.
FIG has made significant steps towards gender equality including:
• FIG Rules for the makeup of executive and committee positions that ensure fair gender representation.
• Establishing the FIG Women in Gymnastics Commission
• FIG Women in Leadership Forum
World of Gymnastics
An official triannual publication of the FIG (Federation of International Gymnastics), the World of Gymnastics (WOG) magazine is available online with the latest issue being #72 from June 2019.
FIG Official app
You can also keep up with FIG news by downloading their official mobile app for Gymnastics news and information. With live scoring, explanatory videos, exclusive photos, competition breakdowns and social media feeds the app is designed to provide fans with up-to-the-minute information. Available in your app store.
Balance is Better
Sport NZ recently announced the launch of a new website Balance is Better, dedicated to youth sport in New Zealand.
This initiative focuses on the importance of keeping young people in sport though the Balance is Better philosophy. Evidence tells us that for rangatahi (young people) to reach their full potential and develop a lifelong love of sport, they need to have fun, try a range of different codes and focus on skills development.
The Balance is Better website seeks to support those involved in delivering youth sport such as partners, coaches, sports administrators, teachers, parents and volunteers. It aims to:
• Embed the Balance is Better philosophy developed by Sport NZ
• Communicate coaching good practice; share tips and advice across codes
• Discuss and debate key issues around youth sport development
• Build momentum towards programme changes being enacted by sport delivery partners in sympathy with Balance is Better
How to get involved:
- Go to www.balanceisbetter.org.nz
- Enjoy the content!
- Register to join the community