It was a busy year in 2016 for XTND with numbers of young coaches in the programme reaching 250 across the country. We welcomed two new clusters in 2016 – Central Otago and Dunedin and in 2017 we add XTND clusters from the Hawkes Bay and Invercargill. As XTND continues to grow we endeavor to improve our systems to make the administration process as easy as possible. The following changes are being implemented for 2017:
- Programme Registration – Clubs will no longer be required to pre-register coaches onto the programme. Registration into the first module (Group Management) will automatically register the participant for the full programme. However, clubs will still need to inform their Relationship Manager each year of who is returning to the programme – year 1 and year 2.
- XTND Module Fees – The yearly administration fee of $25 (+GST) per person per year will no longer be charged as a separate fee at the beginning of each year. This cost will now be spread out over each module, along with a slight increase in module fee for 2017. Each module will now be charged at $50 (+GST) per person for modules from 25 February 2017.
Module Calendar and Registration – Education Calendars and module registration forms are now available on the website. The XTND calendar will be regularly updated as module dates and logistics are confirmed.
If you have any queries please contact your Relationship Manager.
2017 Year 1 intake
- 15 March – registrations close for 25 March Group Management – Bay of Islands Gymnastics Club. Registrations must be made through the website.
- 15 March – registrations close for 26 March Understanding Movement 1 – Bay of Islands Gymnastics Club. Registrations must be made through the website.
- 26 April – registrations close for 7 May Group Management – Auckland. Registrations must be made through the website.
2017 Year 2
- 15 March – registrations close for 25 March Competent Coach Module – Bay of Islands Gymnastics Club. Registrations must be made through the website.
- 15 March – registrations close for 26 March Artistic elective Module – Bay of Islands Gymnastics Club. Registrations must be made through the website.
- 29 March – registrations close for 9 April Trampoline elective Module – Auckland. Registrations must be made through the website.
2016 Year 2
If students are up to date with the XTND modules, this should be their last module to graduate or go through to Year 3.
- 18-19 February – Competent Coach – Kokako Lodge, Auckland.
- 15 March – registrations close for 25 March Competent Coach – Bay of Islands Gymnastics Club. Registrations must be made through the website.
2017 Year 3
If you have students interested in Year 3 then please contact your Relationship Manager directly.
Registering for courses online.
Not yet used the website to register students onto a course? Here’s how…
- Go to the Education calendar
- Type in the name of the module in the calendar search and / or use arrows to click through to relevant month
- Click into the course to find more details and the registration form – you will need to complete a form for each student
If you have a student who has pulled out of XTND, please let your Relationship Manager know as soon as possible, so that they are not chasing them for catch up sessions.
Communication with Students
All registration reminders will be sent to the club to then distribute to students. If a student needs a catch-up session, the RM will send direct to the students contact email and cc in the club.
Mentoring sheets need to be sent to the XTND coordinators to submit to GymSports NZ.
To graduate XTND at the end of year 2, the students need to be signed off on:
- The XTND Year 2 Assessment
- Their XTND Hours/ Participant Record
These need to be sent to the XTND coordinator to be verified and signed off.
All Year 2 students looking at doing the Artistic Elementary Coach Course on 25-26 March in Auckland, must ensure that the following has been done:
- All 8 XTND modules are completed
- Coaching hours have been signed off
- Year 1 and 2 mentoring sheets have been submitted
- Have registered on the course by 15 March
XTND coordinator Auckland: Carole Petrie – contact Carole
XTND coordinator Northland: Ashleigh McCaw – contact Ashleigh