Palmerston North Opens
- 17-18 June 2017
- Arena Manawatu, Pascal Street, Palmerston North
- WAG STEPs 1 – 10
- MAG Levels 1 – 6
- Entries close 8 May
- More information
Wellington Opens – RG
- 10 – 11 June
- Orans College Gymnasium, 550 High Street, Lower Hutt
- Levels 1 -10, Stages, Groups
- Entries close 4 May
- More information
New Gear in Action at Upcoming Sanctioned Competitions
Rimutaka GymSports – this August sanctioned competition will have a new lease of life with the use of a recently purchased new sprung floor and new Gymnova bars which will be in use at their event.
Palmerston North Opens will also see some new Gymnova bars in use and Levin’s toppers being used for the floor.
Which competitions is the Central Relationship Manager attending in 2017?
Over the past 3 years the Central Relationship Manager has identified 4 competitions per year to attend. This is to ensure that all Clubs get an event visit during competition season. This year’s competitions have been picked to ensure there are two regional artistic events and two from the GFA/Team Gym calendar.
Please note for Wellington Junior and Opens competitions. The Relationship Manager will select sessions to attend that are concurrent and have the largest numbers of clubs involved in order to ensure that she is available to as many Clubs as possible.
- Wellington Junior – Kapiti GymSports – 1 – 2 July
- Wellington Opens – Capital GymSports – 22 – 23 July
- Rimutaka GFA and TeamGym Competition – 17 September
- Harbour City – Team Gym competition – 1 October
National Gymsports – Wellington Intent Forms
This year there is a new process in place to reduce paperwork and administration at a club level as well as a new Date of Intent. Please make sure your “national” intents are kept in the loop regards to this process.
- June – Intents will be sent out directly to club managers from either the Central RM or the MAG Manager in June using Google Forms – payment will be directly from your club.
- Deposit – the deposit for Nationals will be $200 per athlete.
- 2 July – deadline for all forms to ensure Wellington uniforms can be ordered from America (After Wellington Juniors).
- Invoice – after 2 July, each club will receive an invoice for those who have completed intent forms.
- 13 August – last day for withdrawals at no extra cost (if an athlete has submitted an intent but circumstances have changed).
- 14 August – selection of the team will be made by the Wellington GymSports Selection National Committee.