2017 Ollerup nominations are now open. See the criteria and nomination form for nomination process. Applications Close 17 of October 2016.
What is Ollerup?
Ollerup is a school for gymnastics based in Denmark, for NZ students normally tumbling or TeamGym however Rhythmic is an options. One of the school’s main focus areas is to provide knowledge and skills to become trainers and leaders in a voluntary organisation. Sports, especially gymnastics, are not considered as an aim in itself, but rather as a means of education, aiming at making the students more harmonious human beings.
Who can Apply?
- You must be between – 18-30 years (Must be 18 by the 1 August)
- Have active involvement in at least one Wellington gymsports club
- Be prepared to contribute to the Wellington gymsports region as a volunteer before and after attending Ollerup. (Attended two XTND courses before and two courses on return.)
- Read and understand the Ollerup Handbook
- Attended the Selection Meeting at Pelorus Trust Sports House (October).
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers the cost of accommodation (boarding school), meals, and tuition fees. The student is responsible for compulsory study trips to Copenhagen, own flight and travel expenses, travel insurance, educational materials, student’s arrangements or initiatives away from school and personal spending. See the full FAQ booklet for more information on costings, the schools, past students’ experiences etc.