What is Ollerup?
Ollerup is a school for Gymnastics based in Denmark. NZ students normally do tumbling or TeamGym, but Rhythmic is also an option. One of the school’s main focus areas is to provide knowledge and skills to become trainers and leaders in a voluntary organisation. Sports, especially gymnastics, are thus not considered as an aim in itself, but rather as a means of education, aiming at making the students more harmonious human beings.
Who can apply?
- You must be between – 18-30 years (Must be 18 by the 1st August)
- Have active involvement in Wellington GymSports either at club, multiple clubs or across the region
- Be prepared to contribute to the Wellington GymSports region as a volunteer before and after attending Ollerup. (Attended 2 XTND Courses before and 2 courses on return)
- Read and understand the Ollerup Handbook
- Attended meeting with the selection meeting at Pelorus Trust Sports House (October)
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers the cost of accommodation (boarding school), meals, and tuition fees. The student is responsible for: a compulsory study trip to Copenhagen, own flight and travel expenses, travel insurance, educational materials, student arrangements or initiatives away from school and own personal spending. Check out the FAQ booklet for more information on costings, the schools, past students experiences etc.
Applications close 17 October 2016.