Gymnastics NZ is very excited to introduce two new Elementary coaching courses:
- Elementary Team Gym that will teach the techniques needed to create team gym performances. The first course to be held on 19 November.
- Elementary Tumbling that will cover the deployment of skills in level 1-3 tumbling.
TeamGym Elementary Coach Course – Auckland
This course will give information about the NEW national Team Gym programme.
The Team Gym Elementary Coach covers:
- Development of technical skills and progressions for floor, tumbling and mini trampoline
- Group organisation and collaboration – formations and transitions
- Choreography and movement to music
- Aesthetics and showmanship
*Participants of this course are invited to bring gymnasts from their club to attend the course to act as demonstrators and also participate in practical teaching sessions. There is no fee for gymnasts to attend.
- 9am – 5pm, 19 November 2017
- GymCity Papatoetoe, The Depot, 91 Cambridge Terrace, Papatoetoe, Auckland
- More information
Foundation Coach or XTND graduate qualification must be completed prior to registering for this Elementary Coach Course. Some pre-requisites may be completed retrospectively.
Elementary Tumbling Coach Course – Auckland
The first Elementary Tumbling course took place in Auckland on 12 November. This course will run again in 2018 – please keep an eye on the website where the 2018 education calendar will be available soon.
Tumbling has grown immensely in numbers within gymnastics clubs in New Zealand and we have been working on a new tumbling programme which features both long and short track tumbling for both participation/community programmes and competitive. Short Track allows athletes to compete with 2-4 skills effectively bridging the gap between the recreation and age group programme.
The Tumbling Elementary Coach course covers:
- Development of skills in Levels 1-3, beginner extension to level 4, age group and short track
- Tumble pass composition (information on the levels, short track and age divisions)
- Developing power
- Competition cards