GymSports New Zealand had the pleasure of hosting the FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics International Judging Course in Auckland. The course was held at the Sudima Hotel near Auckland Airport. Lead by FIG experts Shihoko Sekeita (Japan), Isabell Sawade (Germany) and FIG Administrator Andrea Joao (Brazil) the course had 31 participants from Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, Lithuania and New Zealand. The course was very intensive and culminated with theory and practical exams for both individual and group performance.
The participants from New Zealand were:
- Kristine Mayo – Independent
- Jane Neilson – Independent
- Tracey Redhead – Counties Manukau Gymnastics
- Ellysa Mulcahy – Counties Manukau Gymnastics
- Elizabeth Wheadon – Xtreme RhythmiX
- Erica Thorby – Xtreme RhythmiX
- Margaret Woolf – Xtreme RhythmiX
- Keita McGowan – Dunedin Gymnastics Academy
Also attending an FIG Trampoline International Judging Course in Canberra, Australia were New Zealand participants:
- Vicky Humphreys – ICE Trampoline
- Maree Stenning – Independent
- Rosa Esteban – North Shore Trampoline (representing Spain)
We wish all participants well with their results. Everyone has worked incredibly hard and have been wonderful ambassadors for New Zealand and the sports of gymnastics.