Are you passionate about the physical well-being of our children? Do you love being active and demonstrating physical fitness? Is gymnastics a part of your past that you want to be part of your future?
We are looking for someone:
• Who has a sound knowledge of gymnastics
• Is a great communicator
• Has experience with different methods of teaching skills (as you will be working with children aged between 12 months to 16 years-old)
• Whose skills will have been attained by having previously done gymnastics or having attended relevant courses
• Able to set up and lead a range of recreational gym sessions (Play Gym, Gym For All and group sessions)
• Who is able to assist the moveMprove sessions at schools
• Is physically strong and able to demonstrate gymnastic skills
• Is available to work Saturdays and some Sundays
Your communication skills will find you being able to lead and manage teenage coaches on the day, working with parents of young children as well as working with teachers at schools. Being able to empathise with different ages is essential as the other coaches will look to you for that problem solving and innovation.
The role has some flexibility in hours as we are trying to meet the demands of our wait list; we require a minimum of 15 hours per week with the flexibility to increase as needed.
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please send applications to Zara Struthers – Manager Hutt Valley GymSports.