The NZ Aerobics Team are now on their way back from the International Aerobics Championships (ANAC), having left the Phoenix stage after some fantastic performances. Two athletes bringing home medals.
Senior international Laura Furse (LegAcy) brings home a silver medal. Pipped at the post after qualifying in first place through qualifications and semis, Laura scored 20.000 to the defending champion’s 20.050 in finals yesterday NZ time. Age Group athlete Brooke Davies (Aspire Aerobix)
brings home a bronze medal.
Age Group 1 athlete Grace Christie (Active Attitude) from Whangarei made her international debut with an impressive prelims routine, qualifying through to finals where she finished in 10th place.
Final New Zealand results are:
- Laura Furse (Legacy): 1st – 19.85 prelims; 1st – 19.90 semis; 2nd – 20.00 finals.
- Jennifer Groom (Aspire Aerobix): 11th – 17.85 prelims; 10th – 18.25 semis.
- Kate Harvey (Invercargill Gymnastics Club): 13th – 17.70 prelims; 12th – 18.15 semis.
- Catrin Pearce (Bay Aerobics): 14th – 17.65 prelims.
- Hannah Wilton (Aspire Aerobix): 15th – 17.45 prelims.
- Jaimie Le Bas (Gymnastica): 19th – 16.85 prelims.
- Senior Trio – Hannah Wilton/Jaimie Le Bas/ Kate Harvey: 4th – 17.136 semis.
Age Group 2
- Brooke Davies (Aspire Aerobix): 3rd – 18.75 prelims; 3rd finals
- Sarah Spargo (Aspire Aerobix): 12th – 17.10 prelims; 9th finals
Age Group 1
- Grace Christie (Active Attitude): 14th – 16.175 prelims; 10th finals
Go Team NZ!