We are excited to announce the inaugural Rhythmic Gymnastics National Squad. The athletes who have been selected are:
- Hannah Moore (Xtreme Rhythmix)
- Havana Hopman (Counties Manukau)
- Aya Tanaka-Probert (Xtreme Rhythmix)
- Grace Schroder (Counties Manukau)
We wish these girls all the best in their 2019 competitions.
The Rhythmic Gymnastics (RG) National Squad is for athletes competing senior international.
How is the squad put together?
Athletes will be selected into the 2019 Squad using performance criteria achieved at key events. The 2019 Squad will be named in December 2018 using 2018 events. Athletes can also be selected into the Squad during 2019 if they achieve the performance criteria at 2019 events. These key events are as follows:
- World Cup Baku – April 2018
- World Challenge Cup Guadalajara – June 2018
- World Challenge Cup Portimao – May 2018
- World Challenge Cup Minsk – August 2018
- World Challenge Cup Kazan – August 2019
- World Championships – September 2018
- Any Junior FIG sanctioned event (for first year seniors 2019) – 2018
- 2018 NZ Gymnastics Championships (senior international and last year junior international only) – October 2018
Individual – Senior International
- All Around – 47.000
- Hoop – 12.300
- Ball – 11.900
- Clubs – 12.000
- Ribbon – 10.800
Individual – First-year senior in 2019 (born 2003)
- All Around – 43.000
- Hoop – 11.500
- Ball – 11.500
- Clubs – 11.500
- Ribbon – 10.000
Group – Senior International
- All Around – 22.000
- Apparatus – 13.000
Does this mean athletes automatically make a tour team?
No. Being part of the squad means you are a targeted athlete, but depending on the competition, there may be other criteria to be met before a team is announced.
So what does part of the Squad mean?
It means that you are a targeted athlete and are eligible for selection to international events. As part of the national squad, you will be invited to attend squad meets/camps with other squad athletes and coaches. Performance and attitude at these sessions/camps will be taken into consideration when nominating and selecting for competitions.
Please also read and understand the full 2019 Rhythmic Gymnastics National Squad Selection Policy.
The 2020 Squad Policy will be released in April 2019.
See also the 2019 Junior Squad, that sits directly beneath the National Squad.