We are super excited to announce the 2019 Aerobics Gymnastics National Squad. The athletes who have been selected into the Squad are:
- Hannah Wilton – Aspire Aerobix
- Catrin Pearce – Bay Aerobics
- Kaylee Goodyer – Aspire Aerobix
- Jennifer Groom – Aspire Aerobix
- Kate Harvey – Invercargill Gymnastics Club
Congratulations to all athletes. We wish you every success in your competitions this year.
The Aerobic Gymnastics (AER) National Squad is for athletes competing in senior international.
How is the squad put together?
Athletes will be selected into the Squad using performance criteria achieved at key events. Athletes can also be selected into the Squad during the year if they achieve the performance criteria at 2019 events. These key events are as follows:
- Any FIG sanctioned event
- NZ Gymnastics Championships
- First-year Seniors must have competed Age Group 2 internationally the previous year
Individual – Senior International
- 2019 Squad – 19.300 and/or DD 5.0
- 2020 Squad – 19.700 and DD 5.4
Pairs, Trios and Group – Senior International
- 2019 Squad – 18.800 and/or DD 5.0
- 2020 Squad – 19.100 and DD 5.4
- Age Group 2 19.200 and DD 5.0
What is the difference between the International Stream and the National Squad?
The Aerobics International Stream includes all athletes from National Development up to Senior International, who have met criteria as set out in the 2019 Aerobics Handbook.
The National Squad is for selected senior international athletes who have met the National Squad criteria.
Does this mean athletes automatically make a tour team?
No. Being part of the squad means you are a targeted athlete, but depending on the competition, there may be other criteria to be met before a team is announced.
So what does part of the Squad mean?
It means that you are a targeted senior international athlete and are eligible for selection to international performance events. As part of the national squad, you will be invited to attend squad meets/camps with other squad athletes and coaches. Performance and attitude at these sessions/camps will be taken into consideration when nominating and selecting for competitions.
Please also read and understand the full National Squad Selection Policies: