The following coaching qualification courses will be offered at GymSchool 2017 – all participants must register by 13 December using the following links:
Senior Coach course is available at FIG Academy being held 9 – 16 January, in the same venue.
Coaches must attend and actively participate in 100% of the course modules. Details of the modules (including skills) covered in each course are provided in the timetable.
To be enrolled as a full course participant, all pre-requisites must be completed by 13 December.
Eligibility to apply as a course participant
- All pre-requisites must be completed by 13 December
- To register for a Junior Advanced Coach course, participants must have fully completed a Junior Coach qualification, and be a minimum age of 18 years
- To register for a Junior Coach course, participants must have fully completed an Elementary Coach qualification, and be a minimum age of 17 years
- To register for an Elementary Coach course, participants must have fully completed Foundation Coach or XTND Graduate qualification, and be a minimum age of 16 years.
GymSports NZ encourages, where possible, for coaches to bring their own athlete to GymSchool so as much hands-on learning practice may be gained. GymSports NZ will also organise demonstrators, but it is good for coaches to practice skills/drills with the gymnasts they will be working with. There is no fee for gymnasts to attend with coaches, but clubs/gymnasts will be responsible for any travel and accommodation costs. All gymnasts must be named prior to GymSchool.
Only registered participants will have access to the courses. Anyone who is not registered as a course participant should enroll in the Coaching workshops. Many of the workshops double as course modules.
Pricing below includes:
- Marking of post-course assignment
- Course resources and workshop handouts
- Catering – morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea (please see the registration form to note any special dietary requirements)
Junior Advanced and Junior Coach Course
- $240 for club member
- $210 for technical member
Elementary Coach Course – AER
- $160 for club member
- $150 for technical member
Elementary Coach Course – RG
- $190 for club member
- $180 for technical member
Clubs will be invoiced for each participant after the closing date.
Registrations must be received by 5.00 pm Tuesday 13 December.
To assist with logistics and planning, please advise your Regional Relationship Manager late November, with numbers interested in attending. Workshops will be held dependent on registration numbers.
Registrations received after 5.00 pm Tuesday 13 December will incur a $30.00 (+ GST) late fee. No registrations will be accepted after Friday 6 January 2017.
Withdrawals after the closing date will be refunded, less 25% of the course cost as an administration fee. Any person withdrawing three days or less before the course will not be eligible to receive a refund unless a medical certificate is supplied.
For further information, please contact:
Christine Reed – Sport Education Manager
DDI: 09 306 0295