Please see below for event updates in light of the evolving Covid-19 environment.
Wednesday 12 August: The Prime Minister and Director General of Health last night announced that there are four new cases of Covid-19 in NZ, confirming community transmission. These cases are all in South Auckland and as a result Auckland is moving to Alert Level 3, and the rest of the country to Alert Level 2, from midday today. Though this is difficult news for us all, our community’s response last time saw the positive change and we are confident that we can do it again, together.
In liaison with Sport NZ, we will send to clubs and post more information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, resources from earlier in the year are available below and on Club Portal.
- Community Update – 15 May
- Community Update – 24 April
- Membership Fees Amendment – 20 April
- Full Community Update – 9 April. An important community update from our CEO, speaking to the following:
- Events – Nationals and all other events
- Community Sport – the RM Team, Education and Programmes
- Sector Update – Gaming Trusts, Recovery Plans and Post Lockdown Restrictions
- Financial considerations – amendment to 2020 membership fees
- The Annual General Meeting
- Covid-19 Level 3-4 status closes classes – 23 March
- NZ Secondary Schools Events update – 20 March
- Covid-19 Advice to Clubs – 20 March
- 2020 Endorsed Events Suspension period – 19 March
- Pacific Rim and Oceania Championships – Event Postponed
- Endorsed Events Pack update – 17 March
- Covid-19 and Endorsed Events – 16 March
- Covid-19 Pacific Rim update – 10 March
In our communication to you yesterday regarding the unfortunate postponement of both Pac Rim and the OGU Continental Championships, which doubled as an Olympic Qualifying event. We mistakenly omitted WAG as one of those codes affected by the postponement of the Continental Championships.
I apologise for this error; it was an oversight on my part. I have attached a corrected notification. My sincere apologies to anyone who may have been offended by this error.
Please take care of yourself and family in these difficult times.
Dr Denis Mowbray